• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wondering if I could get in trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi
I do translations of documents. I have a client that has given me a document, and asked me to translate certain parts. He has crossed out 2 sentences in a paragraph so I don't translate them. And then one sentence in another paragraph is crossed out. and then an entire paragraph is crossed out.

This translation is supposed to be used for legal purposes. So usually, when I translate, I will print a copy of the original + a copy of the translation and attach them together. but this time I dont want to do that because the original looks ugly. I thought it would look kind of unprofessional and messy to print the documents with the crossed out parts, so I used image editing software to alter the originals and get rid of those parts. So now the originals that I will be attaching look more "clean" with no crossed out parts. but they are "altered" so that sounds like a crime to me.

If the client is trying to commit some type of fraud by omitting things, can I get in trouble for assisting him?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hi
I do translations of documents. I have a client that has given me a document, and asked me to translate certain parts. He has crossed out 2 sentences in a paragraph so I don't translate them. And then one sentence in another paragraph is crossed out. and then an entire paragraph is crossed out.

This translation is supposed to be used for legal purposes. So usually, when I translate, I will print a copy of the original + a copy of the translation and attach them together. but this time I dont want to do that because the original looks ugly. I thought it would look kind of unprofessional and messy to print the documents with the crossed out parts, so I used image editing software to alter the originals and get rid of those parts. So now the originals that I will be attaching look more "clean" with no crossed out parts. but they are "altered" so that sounds like a crime to me.

If the client is trying to commit some type of fraud by omitting things, can I get in trouble for assisting him?
Why did you print the original copy of the DOC "but this time I dont want to do that because the original looks ugly."It really does not seem to be a good reason. ?:confused:

If your job is to to translate DOCS why do you not know the legal procedure to do so? :confused:

Last edited:
to cbg: are you one of those losers who has nothing better to do than to reply with meaningless responses?

to blue meanie: I do know the legal way of doing things. the question is very clear, and since your reply does not answer it, then I will assume you are also a loser like cbg.

bye

Just Blue

This thread is just loaded with "fun"!!

https://forum.freeadvice.com/arrests-searches-warrants-procedure-26/can-i-help-people-cheat-school-554545.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">