• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

worst case scenario?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yes sir

I am inquiring about an iowa based warrant. i was given a defered judgement upon my first and only offense while i was living out of state a couple years ago. i was fined, and was required to fulfil obligations otherwise(saa test, etc). after sentencing, my pd told me he would contact me with a local place where i could get the test done and so on, and never did. i did call his office several times to reach him, and was met with only an answering machine stating not to leave messages, as they would not be returned.

anyhow, living hours away and having a job, i was unable to find time to meet him in person before being offered a position in another state entirely. i went, and thru my own lack of reading the paperwork thoroughly, missed a court date which resulted in the issue of a warrant.

all told, ive been made to understand this is not the hugest of deals, but ive returned to the area to clear it up, and dont know what to expect. i was hoping for some info so i can plan the duration of my stay(as i have another postion waiting for me), and if there is anything i should do to prepare before going in, etc. what is the best/worst case scenario, and what is common?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">