• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it worth trying to sue the police

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seanjohn18102

What is the name of your state? P.A.
ok so i wanna know if i have a lagitament case worth persuing. i got raided for selling weed they had 3 sales on me ,came to my house with about 10 to 12 task force agents plus the local police. me and my girlfriend were sleeping about 6 task force agents entered my bedroom all with big guns and flashlights yelling my name saying i was under arrest, put me on the floor and cuffed me. my girlfriend was nude on the bed and was asking to put on clothing they told her to remove the blanket then cuffed her while she was still asking to put on somthing to cover up so they put a shirt over here head and pulled it down to the very top of her chest with her brest still exposed and asked her if that was better she replied "no thats not better" he yelled out to the hall for somone to get her sister to come in and put the clothing on" a soon as he said that two more police came in the room there were no female police pressent at all so my question is it worth trying to sue the police for her humiliation, sexual harasment something

CdwJava

Being subject to a raid is not a fun time. Her embarassment seems to have been reasonable given the circumstances. The police are under NO lawful obligation to bring a female officer on such a raid nor are they legally obligated to turn their backs and let someone dress. The officers secured the scene, tried to accomodate her, and finally called for her sister to come in an assist. This sounds very reasonable.

If you have enough money, I am sure an attorney would be more than happy to make the claims for her ... but in the end, you are almost certainly going to lose.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">