• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Worthless Check Warrant NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Intransition07

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I recently had a criminal background check and it stated that I have a warrant for a worthless check written in 1997. Is there a statute of limitations for a misdimeanor worthless check warrant in the state of North Carolina?

Please help.
Thanks!

moburkes

Nope. No SOL for ANY warrant. Following THAT logic, you could have a warrant for a murder that you're a suspect in, hide out for 20 or so years, and then the warrant would have to be dropped since the SOL has run.

whatehva

I don't know if you can really compare a murder warrant and a bad check warrant ? I think they may just be 2 different things... ;)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't know if you can really compare a murder warrant and a bad check warrant ? I think they may just be 2 different things... ;)
The point that you missed is that there is no statute of limitations on a criminal warrant. Doesn't matter WHAT it's for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">