• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

would this be concidered entrapment???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krafteame

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
If the police got someone to take an undercover officer to someone and that person that was with the officer, offered the the other person drugs to buy would that be concidered entrappment if that person bought some? If the person in no way sought the other person out for them it seems to me that would be entrappment.

calatty

No, it's aiding and abetting a drug sale. Entrapment is when the police persuade a normally law-abiding person to commit an offense. A normally law-abiding person would not help another person score drugs.

krafteame

would this be concidered entrappment??

I am the one that started this post. I think that my post was not taken in the way I meant it. I was not clear in what I was asking. Let me try again.
If a law abiding citizen is at home and a person that is trying to get themselves out of trouble by setting other people up for the police comes to you and offers to sell you some medication that they know that you normally are perscribed by the doctor. wouldnt this be concidered entrappment??? Thank you for your advice

CdwJava

Possibly. But it would depend on the details. If they simply provided the opportunity for you to purchase some, and you did, then it will probably not be entrapment. It can also be argued that they offered to sell it to you because it was known you were in the market to buy some for whatever reason.

Unless you planned to sell or abuse your meds, why would you agree to buy the medication anyway?

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">