• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

would a DA do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xecutiveoutcome

What is the name of your state? NY+CA

i posted a thread about an acquintence a while back, the cops found a hitlist in his room and he told his lawyer that me and a few others are involved in this.. now someone told me the DA/Police would contact everybody on that list and inform them of this so i should contact a lawyer ASAP....any truth to this?

original thread

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=373052

Last edited:

moburkes

i posted a thread about an acquintence a while back, the cops found a hitlist in his room and he told his lawyer that me and a few others are involved in this.. now someone told me the DA/Police would contact everybody on that list and inform them of this so i should contact a lawyer ASAP....any truth to this?
Since I have no idea what you're even talking about, I can't answer that question.

It probably would have been better if you had added this question to your original thread since your original thread has the additional background information necessary to know what you're talking about.

moburkes

I don't think that anyone is going to provide you with any information that wasn't already given to you. At this point, it doesn't appear that you need an attorney.

outonbail

original thread

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=373052
If you haven't been charged with a crime and the police have not asked you to come to the station for questioning then hiring an attorney is pointless at this time. What would you ask them to do, trace a few rumors back up the grapevine to see if they hold any truth?

Just don't speak to anyone about the case and don't answer any questions if someone should ask you about the case.

Put it out of your mind. If and when your charged with a crime, you'll will be informed I assure you. Until then the only thing you will accomplish by consuming yourself with it, is loss of sleep and possibly even telling on yourself. So forget about it, it's out of your control anyway

Ozark_Sophist

In certain situations when an individual or individual(s) who expresses a direct threat to harm another person, the law requires each of the targeted individuals to be notified of the threat.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">