• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would this be false imprisonment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Steelerfan666

My girlfriend is 19 years old. I'm 20. She was supposed to see me for a date when and she never shows.

When I get home, I find out that she has been thrown across the room by her father and then locked into her room until she breaks up with me and swears to never talk to me again. She has no contact with the outside world except for her brother's laptop. When she did talk to me, she told me that she's still in her room, locked up with no way to get out. In any other case, if she was a minor, i know that telling her to stay in her room would just be a simple grounding, but for all i know right now, she cannot leave (not even to go to work). She's a legal adult.

We live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Would the police do anything if i were to call them?

Just Blue

My girlfriend is 19 years old. I'm 20. She was supposed to see me for a date when and she never shows.

When I get home, I find out that she has been thrown across the room by her father and then locked into her room until she breaks up with me and swears to never talk to me again. She has no contact with the outside world except for her brother's laptop. When she did talk to me, she told me that she's still in her room, locked up with no way to get out. In any other case, if she was a minor, i know that telling her to stay in her room would just be a simple grounding, but for all i know right now, she cannot leave (not even to go to work). She's a legal adult.

We live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Would the police do anything if i were to call them?
I would think so...Why haven't you called to find out??

CdwJava

Ask for her address, and call the cops. Somehow, I suspect that she's feeding you a line ... but, if not, she'll give you the info.

She's an adult and unless she is willing to pursue the matter in the long run, there's little you can do.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">