• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wow great news

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

legal_bs

i am just learning here, and with a few internet searches that you won't be extradited on a misdemeanor warrant regardless of what happens to you in another state. this puts me in a good mood. thanks to judge and contributors in other threads for helping me to learn this.

stephenk

what a moron. try and get a job, apply for a new driver's license, get a loan, etc. Be ready to piss in your pants the next time you are pulled over for simple traffic ticket, because when your name is run by the cop your warrant will pop up. You will be arresed and held until the warrant issue is cleared up (the issue being whether or not to extradite you). Since you won't be extradited, you will be released.

However, the whole thing will repeat itself the next time you come in contact with the police.

CdwJava

legal_bs said:
i am just learning here, and with a few internet searches that you won't be extradited on a misdemeanor warrant regardless of what happens to you in another state. this puts me in a good mood. thanks to judge and contributors in other threads for helping me to learn this.
I don't think that's what you were told. Chances are NH won't ask for extradition on a misdemeanor warrant ... but, they might. And it's also enough for the local cops wherever you move to jerk you around when you piss them off. They can stop and check on that warrant every time they see you! It can be very entertaining on a boring night.

- Carl

legal_bs

well, i am interested in learning more about what i would have to look for, but i am not concerned about the money issue. i have enough money to get by without a job anyway. ( i don't have one now, nor have i ever intended that i would ever get one)

i am interested in the traffic ticket thing. you guys say that it will show up if i get a traffic ticket in say massachusettes.

will they arrest me for it in the first place or not, because i'm sure they would be able to tell it is a misdemeanor warrant right away anyway.

i am just surprised to find that a warrant from another state would show up if i am arrested out of state (out of nh). maybe it would not show up if i get a traffic ticket in california. that would be really surprising.

CdwJava

It really depends on the procedures in NH. They may not care for people absconding who resist arrest. If that's so, they could seek extradition from at least some surrounding states by entering the warrant in to NCIC. If it's in NCIC it might come up anywhere in the country. Chances are it would be regional, but you never know.

As I said, have fun. People like you are called "job security" for me. And we find most fugitives as a result of traffic stops or completely unrelated contacts (like a call of loud music, etc.)

It's your life to blow. So knock yourself out!

- Carl

legal_bs

okay. then i will look into moving out of the northeast if that is best.

also, what i noticed is that the states have policies against extraditing for misdemeanors, which would mean that it would not be up to new hampshire anyway.

i am most interested in how they will notice i have a warrant in new hampshire, if i get pulled over out of state. is it because i have a nh drivers licence.

CdwJava

legal_bs said:
okay. then i will look into moving out of the northeast if that is best.

also, what i noticed is that the states have policies against extraditing for misdemeanors, which would mean that it would not be up to new hampshire anyway.

i am most interested in how they will notice i have a warrant in new hampshire, if i get pulled over out of state. is it because i have a nh drivers licence.
Actually, it WOULD be up to NH. The issuing state is the one that will be required to arrange for the extradition. While extradition for a misdemeanor is uncommon, it DOES happen.

If you are contacted by law enforcement your name and identifying information is likely to be run in both NCIC and through any state and local computer systems. This will result in a "hit" on the NH warrant if it is issued in to NCIC. Even without a NH warrant, it will likely show up. And if you plan on creating an assumed identity you will be compounding your misdemeanor with felonies.

- Carl

legal_bs

ya, so i guess u were lying about getting caught for speeding in another state, and the warrant showing up there. they don't run all of these checks on traffic stops.

CdwJava

legal_bs said:
ya, so i guess u were lying about getting caught for speeding in another state, and the warrant showing up there. they don't run all of these checks on traffic stops.
:rolleyes: If you say so.

We do.

I can't speak for every agency in every state, but in every agency I have worked for we do just that. With automated Dispatch systems you can run all these checks at the same time!

Ain't technology grand!

- Carl

legal_bs

well good, then i will try not to get pulled over for speeding. i don't like to drive anyway, so i don't drive that much.

it is good to know that they probably won't extradite me. i know my case is not any more special than any others, so they won't specifically extridite me for a misdemeanor, when they wouldn't for others, but anyway, maybe i will move further away than massachussettes just to be on the safe side.

too bad yur a cop. there has got to have been something better u could have done with yur life. all cops are... well, u get the idea.

racer72

My wife's nephew spent 45 days in jail in Oregon while California decided if they wanted him or not. And it was all over a misdeanor littering ticket. On the 46th day California decided if he paid $200 they would drop the warrant.

stephenk

"i have enough money to get by without a job anyway. ( i don't have one now, nor have i ever intended that i would ever get one)"

Right sparky. That's why you couldn't afford to hire an attorney and get your case resolved without you having to go to jail.

legal_bs

wow. u must be a dog or something. u want more scraps on my case, then here you go.

i am still hopeful of reaching an agreement with the prosecutor. the prosecutor wants 3 months, my attorney thinks that she may be able to get it down to probation, or maybe to just a suspended sentence with no probation.

i am asking these questions in case the prosecutor wants to be a jack off, like the police were jack offs throughout the whole process.

if you have no money and are jealous of those of us who do have money, then you may have to live with such jealousies your whole life, or just get over it. lol

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">