• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wow,, Please tell me how?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperdrive35

What is the name of your state?..Colorado. (how can the police raid me in a home not leased or owned by me, just on the word of some guy they arrested??) And why is there no attempt to do a controlled buy first ? Is there any type of loophole here? ? Thanks, Hyper.

BelizeBreeze

Hyperdrive35 said:
What is the name of your state?..Colorado. (how can the police raid me in a home not leased or owned by me, just on the word of some guy they arrested??) And why is there no attempt to do a controlled buy first ? Is there any type of loophole here? ? Thanks, Hyper.
And why are there no FACTS here?

Hyperdrive35

sorry, here is a tiny bit more info

Colorado. Sorry, here is a bit more details of the situation which just occured last week! My supposed good "friends" got busted with drugs and chemicals for manufacturing drugs in there home. They were taken to jail in denver. I had not been informed of there arrest until 2 days later when one of them made bond and came strait to my house to share the news, (the other one was still in jail on $50,000 bond. Turns out the one who was still in jail decided to give the police allot of information about ME, (apparently because the police manipulated him into believing if he snitched he would get a much lighter sentence, combined with the fact that this person was afraid I would become romanticly involved with his girlfriend if he remained in jail) so the next day, not 30 minutes after the other person arrived at my house to give me the news of there bust, The swat team blows my front door off the hinges and proceeds to destroy my home, I sat on my couch for 6 hours while they searched and destroyed my house and everything in it! I already know it was him who sent the police my way. However know one else can grasp it because there all idiots and they think that the police can't raid you unless they do at least one controled buy first, but I know that there never was any controlled buy during that weak because I DIDN'T SELL ANYTHING! None the less it was a very succesfull bust for the police. However, im subleasing the house from a friend who is the only person on the lease agreement. I live here alone..The owner of the property has it managed by a property managment company who leased it to my friend who wanted to move out but could not without breaking the lease, so she moved out, I moved in and I pay her rent until the lease is done. The property managment still believes she is living here and they don't even know I exist. So I just want my people to understand (how they can raid me in a home not connected, leased or owned by me, just on the word of some insicure jelous jurk who I thot was my friend??) And why is there no attempt to do a controlled buy first ? I already know from experience first hand, that the police can, will & do just about whatever they wish! Im suprised they actually went on what he told them, seams like an awful big risk to take, uno? But im curious, Is there any type of loophole here?

JETX

Hyperdrive35 said:
However know one else can grasp it because there all idiots and they think that the police can't raid you unless they do at least one controled buy first
Sounds like you need some smarter 'friends'.

but I know that there never was any controlled buy during that weak because I DIDN'T SELL ANYTHING!
Who said the buy had to be that week?? Hell, they could have bought from you 3 months ago!!

So I just want my people
How many 'people' do you own???

how they can raid me in a home not connected, leased or owned by me, just on the word of some insicure jelous jurk who I thot was my friend??
Because they had a WARRANT to do so. If you think the warrant is questionable, have your defense attorney challenge it. Pretty simple, huh??

Is there any type of loophole here?
From your post, no.

Curt581

A search warrant has little or nothing to do with who "owns" the house, who it's titled to, who leases it, or who rents it.

It's about probable cause, with a little bit about who occupies it mixed in.

Search warrants generally require a little more than a just confidential informant's word. A judge will most often require some corraborating evidence.

A simple surveillance of the residence or resident himself can often be enough, although "controlled buys" are what's commonly used.

What did they find?

Hyperdrive35

curt581

Thanks for the reply, yes they did mention something about survailence, infact I saw them sevral times sitting in a big suv in the alley behind my house, the only thing is, I was working my ass off THE ENTIRE DAY on my back yard, thats how I saw them in the alley so many times was because I was taking trash can loads of dead leaves and hedge clippings to the dumpsters in the alley (I didn't know they were the police) But I after a couple hours of them still sitting in there suburban truck, I became concerned and was contimplating calling the police. The next thing is: upon watching me & my house (front & back) its funny because my girl friend arrived in the morning sometime about 10:30 i guess and she stayed ALL DAY LONG - NO one else came to my home that day, not a single soul. She never left, I never went anywhere, and I really got allot of work done on the yard it looks great, it wasn't until 9:00pm that I recieved a phone call from a woman I didn't no saying that my friend Tammy was on her way to my house. Ok a little strange but she's a good friend of mine I figured she had just lost her phone again or something. Keep in mind that she is the girlfriend of the boyfriend who they had just busted 2 days prior, they arrested her for a warrent he took the blame for everything in there house. so now its all makin sence to me that when she arrived the same cops recognized her from arresting her 2 days prior, she arrived about 9:10pm and informed me that her and her man had been arrested and that her mom had just bonded her out of jail. 20 minutes later about 9:35 they blew the front door accross my living room, some swat guy with a mask jumps on me and stomps on my throat and shoves a machine gun in my face. But still, how does this convince a judge to sighn a warrent at 9:30 at night ??

BelizeBreeze

Hyperdrive35 said:
Thanks for the reply, yes they did mention something about survailence, infact I saw them sevral times sitting in a big suv in the alley behind my house, the only thing is, I was working my ass off THE ENTIRE DAY on my back yard, thats how I saw them in the alley so many times was because I was taking trash can loads of dead leaves and hedge clippings to the dumpsters in the alley (I didn't know they were the police) But I after a couple hours of them still sitting in there suburban truck, I became concerned and was contimplating calling the police. The next thing is: upon watching me & my house (front & back) its funny because my girl friend arrived in the morning sometime about 10:30 i guess and she stayed ALL DAY LONG - NO one else came to my home that day, not a single soul. She never left, I never went anywhere, and I really got allot of work done on the yard it looks great, it wasn't until 9:00pm that I recieved a phone call from a woman I didn't no saying that my friend Tammy was on her way to my house. Ok a little strange but she's a good friend of mine I figured she had just lost her phone again or something. Keep in mind that she is the girlfriend of the boyfriend who they had just busted 2 days prior, they arrested her for a warrent he took the blame for everything in there house. so now its all makin sence to me that when she arrived the same cops recognized her from arresting her 2 days prior, she arrived about 9:10pm and informed me that her and her man had been arrested and that her mom had just bonded her out of jail. 20 minutes later about 9:35 they blew the front door accross my living room, some swat guy with a mask jumps on me and stomps on my throat and shoves a machine gun in my face. But still, how does this convince a judge to sighn a warrent at 9:30 at night ??
If you are so convinced that the warrant is defective, then, as you were told, hire your own defense attorney.

And then a gardner. You won't be 'working your ass off in the backyard' for quite awhile.

Hyperdrive35

dude, your hallerious

Im not sure of anything, Im a mess, I don't no anything about having the goverments permission to blast into my home with guns and destroy all of my belongings. All I know is that it happened, it was terrifying. We have been working for days 2 try and clean up my house and it is still in shambles. I am so broke I could never afford an attorney rite now. Im hoping, praying, that they made a mistake someplace because my life depends on it. I don't need a gardner because my backyard is done and it looks awesome! I guess whom ever you are Mr. belizebreez, if it really makes you feel better about yourself to clown on individuals who's lives have taken a very bad turn for the worst, and crack jokes on them insulting there intelligence, to somehow make you even more secure in your "senior member" status then fire away hater. But one suggestion is you might want to learn how to read as the post I sent was to curt581 . but im sure anyone with a smart ass & big mouth is welcome to throw in there crap as well! Thanks, a gardner huh?

BelizeBreeze

And from the sound of this latest entry in your saga, you sound like, instead of protesting your innocence, you are trying to 'beat the rap'.

Guess what? You won't. ;)

Hyperdrive35

i no

you are correct, unless I win the motion to supress due to "insuficiant or no probable cause" provingt there warrent to be shadey, but its not about whats right or wrong or whatever, its about money, Iv seen with my own eyes police officers and detectives totally break the law in order to get a conviction, Iv seen them do some pretty sneaky stuff. Yet they feel like somekind of saint who's just doin what he's gotta do to clean up the streets. Well I feel safer! I was very close to a beautiful 19 year old woman who was shot 17 times for turning her car around so she could get out of the way of traffic and didn't here the cops shouting at her. Thats hit 17 times out of the 34 rounds they fired total. Then we have the system, district attorneys who are friends with your lawyer and the deal gets worked out before you even know it and its "i can beat this case for $20,000) so you acccept, then on the day of the motions (if your lawyer even shows up) he apoligizes because he was mistaken and doesn't think he can beat your case now HOWEVER he went way out on a limb for you and has just convinced the DA to agree to this wonderful plea bargain, 3 months in jail 3 yrs probation, OR we can still try to fight today byt if we loose then you goto prison for 10 years! So whats it gonna be? Take the deal I guess!! Once your on that probation, overwhelmed with fines, classes, drug screening tests, ankle bracelet costs, breath tests, and all the fee's that come with that stuff, suprise home visits. its only a matter of time cause once they get ya, They will go the distance to make sure you stay! However if your rich and you pay the rite folks the rite cash then its all about who you know & how much you got. Sad but true

smutlydog

Hyperdrive35 said:
the lease thing will not be a defense

A controled buy is the best way to make drug charges stick but maybe they thought sending the informant in to do that might compromise the case.They don't always do it that way.
The informant was probably wired but even if not it is possible to make a case stick.

Ask yourself these questions?
Was the information first hand and or did the information come from somebody else?
Was the informant's information accurate?
Do the cops have proof that the infomant did indeed enter your house?

If the answer is yes to the questions your lawyer has his or hers work cut out for them

Curt581

Hyperdrive35 said:
you are correct, unless I win the motion to supress due to "insuficiant or no probable cause" provingt there warrent to be shadey, but its not about whats right or wrong or whatever, its about money, Iv seen with my own eyes police officers and detectives totally break the law in order to get a conviction, blah blah blah
Still waiting...

What did they find during the search warrant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">