• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong address on search warrant!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shahope2003

What is the name of your state? kentucky
I was recently arrested while at a ex-boyfriends house. The police took us all out and put us in cop cars. My ex-boyfriend would not give them permission to search his home so they had to call in and get a search warrant. After we all went to jail and I finally made bond I was looking over my papers from my arrest. The address on the search warrant was the wrong address. I was wondering if that would make the search of the home illegal due to it not being the address on the search warrant. Any thoughts would be appreciated. :) :confused:

ptlmejo

It very well could.

The incorrect address on a search warrant can render it invalid, depending upon whether it was the incorrect house searched or just the incorrect address listed on it.

It will depend upon the judge's take as to whether or not it is a fatal error.

Contact and consult with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">