• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tranquility

Ohio- can you be convicted if the officers paperwork has different date than the occurance?
Officer Bob testifying: "I saw mitchellsden farkeling repeatedly on October 10."

Mitchellden testifying: "Liar! It was on the 9th!"

Um..yes, you can be convicted. At best, your attorney may be able to show the officer is careless on the date so he may be careless on whatever he testifies to. It is a matter of credibility and not of absolutism.

Mass_Shyster

Officer Bob testifying: "I saw mitchellsden farkeling repeatedly on October 10."

Mitchellden testifying: "Liar! It was on the 9th!"

Um..yes, you can be convicted. At best, your attorney may be able to show the officer is careless on the date so he may be careless on whatever he testifies to. It is a matter of credibility and not of absolutism.
On the other hand, Mitchellden could testify "I was in Alaska on October 10, and have all these alabi witnesses to prove it".

You Are Guilty

On the other hand, Mitchellden could testify "I was in Alaska on October 10, and have all these alabi witnesses to prove it".
And people could also exercise their right to remain silent, yet, oddly, we have all these silly confessions floating around.

It seems criminals (and people in general) don't always make the smart decisions.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The question was CAN he be convicted, not WILL he be convicted.

Yes, he CAN be convicted given the specific fact pattern. It is possible that he can be. It is also possible that he won't be.

Had he asked if he WILL be convicted, then we'd have to find the crystal ball (does SJ still have it?), get that Magic 8 ball repaired, or find out where Madame Zuileka is taking her vacation (and why she's so long overdue coming back).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">