• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Place at the Wrong Time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Andrea_p_1

What is the name of your state?AR My boyfriend took some PA equipment over to a friend of his's home to try and sell it for his mother as she had no use of it any longer.
Shortly after his arrival DTF arrive and raid his friends home. Unbeknownst to my bf his friend had been selling marijuana.
My bf, Shawn does have a prior charge on his record for possession of weed but it has not been resolved yet. The court date keeps getting cancelled and rescheduled. Since he has not been to court over it yet can they hold it against him and search his person and vehicle without permission?
When they saw the name on his DL they immediately arrested him. He was not there to buy weed and did not even have knowledge it was there. When they finally charged him the next day they said they had a witness who would testify that they'd seen him on 2 occasions almost 3 months ago delivering methamphetamines. Neither Shawn nor I do drugs or sell drugs of any sort so I know that this has to be a bogus charge. Can we sue the police dept?
Also, they arrested him and took him to jail even before the guy they were raiding. After they took him in they searched the vehicle he was in. It happens to be mine and was only in my name. He wasn't even there to give them permission and they tore my vehicle apart. His attorney advised I take photos of the damage. What sort of restitution can I seek in this case? My van has an electronic side door that they messed up somehow. It will only open manually now. I'm very upset over all of this. Please forgive the length and share some advice.

outonbail

My boyfriend took some PA equipment over to a friend of his's home to try and sell it for his mother as she had no use of it any longer.
Unbeknownst to my bf his friend had been selling marijuana.
My bf, Shawn does have a prior charge on his record for possession of weed but it has not been resolved yet.
they had a witness who would testify that they'd seen him on 2 occasions almost 3 months ago delivering methamphetamines.
Neither Shawn nor I do drugs or sell drugs of any sort so I know that this has to be a bogus charge
Can we sue the police dept?

This is a joke right?

calatty

Arrested him for what?? Someone saying they saw him with methamphetamine is not enough evidence to support any kind of charge.

Andrea_p_1

DTF said they have a snitch that will testify against him on 2 counts of delivering methamphetamines. They arrested him and held him for 2 days and let him out on a $25,000 bond. He is innocent. We've never had anything to do with meth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">