• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this wrongful arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mylescarpenter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Ok make a long story short. I got arrested at my job 20 mins after the officer got the warrant. 3 weeks prior to this the officer showed up at my house to question me but I was at work. The officer told my girlfriend that she's needs to search the house for a Bennie hat (I was wearing it during the crime) She said she didn't need a warrant cuz I was on probation so she had no choice but to let them search. Minutes later they had my gf call me at work to let me know they wanted to talk to me I said no I didn't want to talk.( Because my lawyer said don't say a word till I'm their)I left work to go home and they showed up looking for me. A week latter at my P.O.'s office,I showed up for our monthly meeting and the officer was their to question me for a crime that happen a year ago, but I refuse to answer any questions. I did tell her I would like a volunteer surrender. I lefted then 2 weeks later( mins after the warrant was issued) they showed up at my work to embarrass me and cost me to lose my job. I was on 3 moths away from making the biggest comeback in my life( I was at the lowest of the low in my life before this). They knew I wasn't going to run or be a flight risk I even asked for a volunteer to turn my self in but she decide to embarrass me cost me to lose my job and mess up my whole life every thing I did to change my life around was taken in seconds. SHE COULD OF HANDDLED IT A DIFFERENT WAY

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Ok make a long story short. I got arrested at my job 20 mins after the officer got the warrant. 3 weeks prior to this the officer showed up at my house to question me but I was at work. The officer told my girlfriend that she's needs to search the house for a Bennie hat (I was wearing it during the crime) She said she didn't need a warrant cuz I was on probation so she had no choice but to let them search. Minutes later they had my gf call me at work to let me know they wanted to talk to me I said no I didn't want to talk.( Because my lawyer said don't say a word till I'm their)I left work to go home and they showed up looking for me. A week latter at my P.O.'s office,I showed up for our monthly meeting and the officer was their to question me for a crime that happen a year ago, but I refuse to answer any questions. I did tell her I would like a volunteer surrender. I lefted then 2 weeks later( mins after the warrant was issued) they showed up at my work to embarrass me and cost me to lose my job. I was on 3 moths away from making the biggest comeback in my life( I was at the lowest of the low in my life before this). They knew I wasn't going to run or be a flight risk I even asked for a volunteer to turn my self in but she decide to embarrass me cost me to lose my job and mess up my whole life every thing I did to change my life around was taken in seconds. SHE COULD OF HANDDLED IT A DIFFERENT WAY
And so could have you.
Telling your PO no wasn't a smart idea and deleting your first post because you didn't like the answers wasn't too bright either.
Good day.

FlyingRon

If they had a warrant, it wasn't a wrongful arrest.

So you told your PO essentially "Screw you, I want to go back to jail," and you were surprised by what followed?

Anyhow, please stop creating multiple threads on the same topic.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">