• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongfully accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carla28s

california: i am being wrongfully accused of count 1 :touching a child and count 2: attempt to touch im wondering what the indicated sentence might be i have no priors for this type of crime.and there is a warrent.if i obtained a facebook message from her mother stating it was just a misunderstanding sent to one of my friends would it be enough i dont even know what evedence i should gather befor i turn myself in please help also if you might know of any lawers doing pro bono that might want to help please let me know**************.thank you for your time

california: i am being wrongfully accused of count 1 :touching a child and count 2: attempt to touch im wondering what the indicated sentence might be i have no priors for this type of crime.and there is a warrent.if i obtained a facebook message from her mother stating it was just a misunderstanding sent to one of my friends would it be enough i dont even know what evedence i should gather befor i turn myself in please help also if you might know of any lawers doing pro bono that might want to help please let me know**************.thank you for your time
These are serious charges. I suggest that you don't speak to anyone other than attorney about this.

swalsh411

Say nothing to anybody except your attorney. And I mean nobody. Not your family, not your best friend you have known all your life, and certainly not the police.

How do you know charges have been filed against you? Have the police contacted you?

These are serious charges. I suggest that you don't speak to anyone other than attorney about this.[/QU do you know how much time i would get should i lose this trial and do you know of anyone doin g pro bono for this type of case
I am sorry but we do not offer referral at this site. If you don't have the money for an attorney, once you get arrested, keep your mouth closed. The only thing you should say is "I want to speak to an attorney." If you qualify, one will be appointed to you.

carla28s

Say nothing to anybody except your attorney. And I mean nobody. Not your family, not your best friend you have known all your life, and certainly not the police.

How do you know charges have been filed against you? Have the police contacted you?
no the police went to my work looking for me and i had a attorney called the D A for me.... i do have a friend willing to testify that she recieved a facebook message from the mother stating it was all a misunderstanding

carla28s

no the police went to my work looking for me and i had a attorney called the D A for me.... i do have a friend willing to testify that she recieved a facebook message from the mother stating it was all a misunderstanding
about 6 months ago the police came to an internet cafe and hand cuffed me put me in the car they wouldnt tell me what it was about but i sat there waiting for 30 min while they made phone calls then they let me go they told my girlfriend that they werent sure what was going on but they will get to the bottom of it and let us know but they just let me go and wouldnt say anything im assuming this has something to do with this case

about 6 months ago the police came to an internet cafe and hand cuffed me put me in the car they wouldnt tell me what it was about but i sat there waiting for 30 min while they made phone calls then they let me go they told my girlfriend that they werent sure what was going on but they will get to the bottom of it and let us know but they just let me go and wouldnt say anything im assuming this has something to do with this case
I guess some people just don't get it.:rolleyes:

tranquility

You have the right to remain silent. Use it. Do not explain to the police it was all a misunderstanding. Do not tell the police you have a facebook message from a friend. If the police ever contact you, do not agree to go down to the station for a talk. You say, "I'd like to speak to an attorney before any questioning." and then shut up. Period. You are not talking your way out of this. It will not matter if the police will think you are guilty. Don't. Talk. To. Anyone. (Except for your attorney.)

You will not find an attorney who will do this pro bono. If you are charged, an attorney will be appointed to you if you meet the conditions of not being able to afford one.

Do not try to gather evidence of your innocence. You can't prove a negative. Do not try to contact people involved to explain. Period. Really.

carla28s

the time of the incident is jan first 2012

carla28s

You have the right to remain silent. Use it. Do not explain to the police it was all a misunderstanding. Do not tell the police you have a facebook message from a friend. If the police ever contact you, do not agree to go down to the station for a talk. You say, "I'd like to speak to an attorney before any questioning." and then shut up. Period. You are not talking your way out of this. It will not matter if the police will think you are guilty. Don't. Talk. To. Anyone. (Except for your attorney.)

You will not find an attorney who will do this pro bono. If you are charged, an attorney will be appointed to you if you meet the conditions of not being able to afford one.

Do not try to gather evidence of your innocence. You can't prove a negative. Do not try to contact people involved to explain. Period. Really.
ok so you are saying that the message sent by the victims mom is no good?

carla28s

ok so you are saying that the message sent by the victims mom is no good?
i havent tried to contact them but the mom tried to get me to go talk to her about it but i told her theres nothing talk about because nothing happend on my end anyway

i havent tried to contact them but the mom tried to get me to go talk to her about it but i told her theres nothing talk about because nothing happend on my end anyway
Keep it going. You're talking yourself right into a conviction.

Good luck...

I'ma Menehune, OUT:cool: but I still want my Funsucker, tranq!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">