• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongfully accused and arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chinkydiamond

What is the name of your state? new jersey

My boyfriend came to my aid as i was having an verbal altercation with a cab driver, who had been harassing me for roughly 1 month. They were verbally arguing until i pulled my boyfriend away and told him to just leave i'd be ok. 20 min. later while i'm at work, the cab driver comes to my job with the police. This jerk lied and said that my boyfriend pulled out a gun on him. My boyfriend was arrested and his car was seized. When they did not find anything, they released his car but still sent him for processing under the charges of: Terroristic Threats and Possession of a Firearm. He had a prior assualt charge from 1997 which had been closed and they made bail for him $100,000 (no bond). We have obtained legal services but until his indictment hearing he is stuck in jail... are there any charges that i can bring up against the cab driver for basically turning my life upside down, lying to have someone arressted?

stephenk

"are there any charges that i can bring up against the cab driver for basically turning my life upside down, lying to have someone arressted"

Not you, but depending on how it all ends your boyfriend may be able file a claim against the cab driver.

who is this cab driver to you and why haven't you obtained a restraining order against him? Did you ever file police reports against the cabbie for his harassment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">