• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongfully accused of theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeseka

What is the name of your state? SC
Almost 1 month ago, I was visiting a gfriend of mine @ her new bf's house. While there an armed man showed up and began shooting his way into the house. 1 of the bullets hit my gf in the leg so when the gunman was gone I took her to the emergency room. During all of this drama, her bf handed me some drugs to hold on to for him & not wanting to go to jail myslf I tossed it out. Now I have an investigator calling me saying the bf has accused me of stealing $1000 from him & she's signing a warrant. I should probably let u know that I already have a warrant for not paying a traffic ticket, so noone mentioned that I was @ the crime scene when the police came in. Should I go ahead & be 100% honest about it being drugs & not $? What type of proof could I get to confirm my honesty? What are my rights in this situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">