• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully ID'd.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohmythatsbs

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Hawaii
I was booked after witnessing a fight which I wasn't involved in only stood as a bystander. The wife of the victim took down my lic. plates when I left the area. The police later brought the victim's wife to my house to ID me. I figured I would be let off, seeing as I was 10-15feet away from the action and the only time I looked at the lady was when I left the lot. After the officer told me she ID me as one of the suspect's who hit her husband I was booked right there. I was read my Miranda rights on a piece of paper which I signed and the officer asked me If I was to make a statement right there, I declined. I read on the paper Assault 3rd, but the officer told me that the prosecutor would see if there was enough evidence.
Is one witness enough evidence to prosecute? There were also employees in the lot which also witnessed everything that happened and saw me watching. Would those witnesses be enough?
Any lawyers could tell me the procedures of what will happen? or likely to happen?
Any help will be appreciated greatly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">