• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Yes, turn myself in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jloessin

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was going to show up at the jail to turn myself in, in hopes of seeing a judge for that morning’s jail court hearing. What is the probability that the judge will let me continue payments vs. putting me in jail for 28 days?

I have talked to a lawyer, and he said for his fee and an estimated payment of the month I missed on the plan, he would go talk to the judge for me est. ($500.00). Which would be the most economical vs. the risk of doing time?

VR_Hunter

jloessin said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I was going to show up at the jail to turn myself in, in hopes of seeing a judge for that morning’s jail court hearing. What is the probability that the judge will let me continue payments vs. putting me in jail for 28 days?

I have talked to a lawyer, and he said for his fee and an estimated payment of the month I missed on the plan, he would go talk to the judge for me est. ($500.00). Which would be the most economical vs. the risk of doing time?
** I suggest you do the time. It will help you to understand the importance of paying fines levied by the courts on time and give you the time to reflect on what got you into the situation you are in. Then, hopefully, you will use your time to do what is needed to ensure you never put yourself in that situation again and waste your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">