• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1 yr later

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

upset1

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? NY
I was rearended just over a yr ago..... my 2002 jeep cherokee has not been totaly fixed yet !! After $17,500.00 in damage, AIG insurance company will not return my calls, nor the body shop's calls?. Now I took my jeep to the dealer
with transmition problems, and find out that the frame is bent !!! do to the accident.
My question's are......
1. What do I do about getting this taken care of? What kind of lawyer should I seek? Possibily to go after body shop for missing the bent frame.....
2. And a lawyer to go after AIG insc company, for not finishing paying to get my jeep back to the way it was......
By the way it only had 3,000 miles on it at time of accident.!!!!
Hope someone can steer me in the right direction....
Thank you

H

huhwhatWHO

QUESTIONS:

1-HOW DOES A MECHANIC LOOKING AT A TRANSMISISON DETERMINE YOUR FRAME IS BENT? UNLESS THE DAMAGE IS OBVIOUS, YOU NEED A BODY SHOP TO ANALYZE THE FRAME WITH A FRAME MACHINE.

2-HAVE YOU CALLED YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY? IF THE FRAME DAMAGE IS RELATED TO YOUR 1 YEAR OLD LOSS, THEY WILL PAY FOPR THE ADDITIONAL REPAIRS. DON'T BLAME THE INSURANCE COMPANY, BLAME THE SHOP FOR NOT ADEQUATELY INSPECTING YOUR JEEP.

U

upset1

1. Yes there is damage you can see. they showed me..... you can see where the under coating is craking and the metal has been kinkn't and straightened...So to me that would be a weak area in the frame!!!!!!!
2. The body shop that did the work told me everything was pulled out or back to normal !!!!! But the dealer showed me it was still bent !
I am having it looked at by a frame place this week, to see what they say?
So back to the first post? Can I go after the body shop for the bent frame that they possibily did not repair properly?
I spoke to owner of body shop and we kinda got upset with me when I mentioned the frame to him.....
As far as insc company, if frame is still bent, and they will not pay to have that fixed( I got letter from them stating they are not paying for any additional damages! If I have any futher issues please have my lawyer contact them!) I do not have a lawyer for that.. I have a personal injury lawyer. And he said he is not handling that, just injury.
What kind of lawyer should I seek?
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">