• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

12-15-00 Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sbourque

What is the name of your state? LOUISIANA. On 12-15-00 an uninsured motorist hit my car and was issued a ticket for being at fault. I did not have uninsured motorist coverage. So my insurance paid to fix my car, but never pursued repymt from the uninsured motorist. I have a copy of the accident report with the uninsured motorists contact info. Is there anything I can do about making them reimburse the amount of the damage to my vehicle?

HomeGuru

sbourque said:
What is the name of your state? LOUISIANA. On 12-15-00 an uninsured motorist hit my car and was issued a ticket for being at fault. I did not have uninsured motorist coverage. So my insurance paid to fix my car, but never pursued repymt from the uninsured motorist. I have a copy of the accident report with the uninsured motorists contact info. Is there anything I can do about making them reimburse the amount of the damage to my vehicle?
**A: what did your insurance company say about pursuing the issue?

S

sbourque

It had been a little over a year when I found out that my ins company had not not sued the other party They said it had been over a year and there was nothing they could do about it. The ins co did not renew my policy when it came up 6/29/01.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

sbourque said:
It had been a little over a year when I found out that my ins company had not not sued the other party They said it had been over a year and there was nothing they could do about it. The ins co did not renew my policy when it came up 6/29/01.

**A: ok, thanks.

HomeGuru

sbourque said:
Is there anything you can do to help me?

**A: I do not understand your request for help. You got into an accident and the insurance compnay paid to have your car fixed. Why should you care if the insurance compnay chose to not pursue reimbursement? You no longer have any contractural relationship with that insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">