• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14 year old hit by suv

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marymills

March 3, 2001 my son, 14 years old, was riding his friends bike and while on the side walk he went to cross over an in/out drive way to publix in coral springs florida when a lady in a yukon was on the cell phone with very dark tint (and per the police report) she observed my son on her right then she looked left and went to pull into traffic. she did not look back to see how much closer my son had gotten. when i got to the accident site my son was being put on the ems backboard and he was brought to the hospital where they put a 1/2 cast on him and he left with cruches. he is still in pain and going to the dr. on monday for some more evaluation. they think he may have injured his growth plate in his ankle. she was ticketed for being at fault. the problem that i have now though is it was his friends bike and i have only state required auto insurance this is also a no fault state. how do i get the bike replaced? and what can i get for my son? what can i do if he is not perminately injured? when he was hit he got thrown from the bike into on coming traffic and his shoe went in the oposite direction about thirty feet. he was bruised from his groin to his calfs on both legs. he was in pain for weeks and as stated before he still has pain in his ankle. thank you in advance for your assistance.

The SUV's property damage liability will pay for the damaged bike. The owners of the bike need to make the claim.

As far as your son's injuries are concerned--you should really get a free consultation with a personal injury attorney. Since you live in Broward County I'm surprised a couple hundred of them haven't set up tents in your yard.

No one with any credibility who contributes to this site will give you a $ figure on your son's injury. It is too complicated a process to give guesses. I spent 10 years pricing injury claims in South Florida and without the proper documentation it would be impossible. Based on the date of loss it's still too soon to tell if he will even have a permanent injury, which is the threshold between big money and no money.

Since you indicate that you have PIP, then they are paying for all the treatment. If your son does not pierce the tort threshold then you can still get your out of pocket expenses including your deductable paid for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">