• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

15yr. old son auto ins.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pcons

oklahoma
does state law require me to add coverage for my 15 yr son

Last edited:

P

pcons

i apologize the question should be .... is he covered on my policy if i have not notified my ins.co. ? (i.e. i don't want to pay more) state law requires me to carry ins. on my vehicles and i'm thinking that he is covered but need to know for sure and i don't want to ask my ins. co.

stephenk

check your policy. it may require notification if a family member is licensed and living in the residence.

stephenk

Why won't you ask you insurance carrier?

If you think you will save money by not letting them know he is driving, go ahead and dont tell them. But when your son gets in accident, dont be suprised if your carrier says he is not covered and then you being the parent get to be responsible for the damages.

I believe Oklahoma requires drivers to be insured.

Z

zappy

Nahhhhhhhhhh

Take a chance BOZO.....save da moneeeee

No need to pay those EVIL insurance company all dat Moneeeeeee.

Just claim sonnyboy STOLE your keys, when he smashes up the car , and have sonnyboy arrested for auto theft, and then

the insurance company will have to pay the billl...yippeeee!

P

pcons

a smooth and long answer but most unhelpful
do you know anything about okla. ins. law?
if not don't waste my time

stephenk

go to the top of this page and click on "state resources" then click on state statutes and then on the state of Oklahoma on the map. Do research.

P

pcons

thanks if i find the answer, even if it's not the one i want i'll get back. again thanks for your time

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">