• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old daughter stole my car and got into accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

REDAWN226

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK, muy 17 year old daughter stole my car while I was out of town. She has no permit nor license to drive and hit a parked car. She received a ticket and has to appear in court. will my insurance cover this. I have full coverage on my vehicle. But being she took it without my permission and has no license does that leave me liable,

stephenk

your insurance will not cover the loss if your daughter did not have permission to use the car. You as the parent is liable for the damage caused by your daughter. That doesn't mean you can't punish your daughter by making her pay you back.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

REDAWN226 said:
What is the name of your state? NEW YORK, muy 17 year old daughter stole my car while I was out of town. She has no permit nor license to drive and hit a parked car. She received a ticket and has to appear in court. will my insurance cover this. I have full coverage on my vehicle. But being she took it without my permission and has no license does that leave me liable,

My response:

You see, the other problem for you is that you left the keys "available" to her. But for the keys being available, this never would have happened. Sure, you never gave her permission; however, leaving the keys available to a 17 year old was a recipe for disaster.

When I was 16 (which was many, many, moons ago), my father and mother left town and the keys were left "available" to me. I had no license. There was a girl in San Francisco that I knew, who also had the biggest pair of boobs this side of the Mississippi. Suffice it to say, I still hold the land speed record for the 425 miles between Los Angeles and San Francisco - - 3 hours, 49 minutes.

I was flying! How I didn't get stopped, I'll never know. It must have been the Highway Patrol's day off.

IAAL

sungod916

"It must have been the Highway Patrol's day off."

Or you must have been driving faster than the highway patrol airplane.

rmet4nzkx

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You see, the other problem for you is that you left the keys "available" to her. But for the keys being available, this never would have happened. Sure, you never gave her permission; however, leaving the keys available to a 17 year old was a recipe for disaster.

When I was 16 (which was many, many, moons ago), my father and mother left town and the keys were left "available" to me. I had no license. There was a girl in San Francisco that I knew, who also had the biggest pair of boobs this side of the Mississippi. Suffice it to say, I still hold the land speed record for the 425 miles between Los Angeles and San Francisco - - 3 hours, 49 minutes.

I was flying! How I didn't get stopped, I'll never know. It must have been the Highway Patrol's day off.

IAAL
Hummm, then you must have been headed for the Condor Club, has the distinction of being the first topless dance bar in the U.S. On June 16, 1964, Condor waitress Carol Doda danced atop a white baby grand piano in a topless bathing suit, then a controversial creation by designer Rudi Gernreich. Many area bars and clubs immediately went topless. As the booby bar craze took off, Doda underwent breast enlargement surgery to increase her bust size from 34 to 44 inches, thus insuring her status as the biggest star on Broadway in North Beach. Doda retired from the Condor in 1986, three years after the club had earned another spot on San Francisco's wall of infamy. After closing one night in November, 1983, Condor dancer Theresa Hill and bouncer Jimmy Ferrozzo decided to "make love" atop the piano. When a hydraulic system that raised and lowered the piano for performances was accidentally activated, the couple became pinned to the ceiling. Ferrozzo was crushed to death while Hill lay trapped beneath him until the pair was discovered by a janitor several hours later. :eek: I remember when that happened.

Parents of teenagers should always be careful when they take a weekend away without their children, if they don't take the car, they will have a party and or both. BTW parties can just happen, someone hears the parents are away, the word gets around and the kids show up beverages in hand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">