• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 wheeler Truck Hit and Run

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Finfan

What is the name of your state? Texas

My wife was hit by an 18 wheeler this morning driving down the highway. (He pulled into her lane and hit the side of the car and forced her onto the shoulder.)The driver of the truck did not stop, so my wife called 911 and followed the truck long enough to get a licenses number and the name of the trucking company that was posted on the trailer.

My wife is physically okay, at least she seems to be, but is there any recourse we can take against the trucking company?

One of the car doors of the car will not open due to the accident, we have not had the car officially looked at yet, the accident just happened a few hours ago…

An official police report has not been filed yet.. the accident happened in one county and by the time my wife contacted 911 and relayed the information she was in a different county and the sheriffs said that he could not file a report since the accident happened in another county.

Thank you,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">