• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1998 Chvy Malibu leaking intake gasket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

csegura

What is the name of your state? NJ

Searching the Web for information on the problem with my 1998 Malibu, I happened to discover that I was not alone. My Malibu started having the "Low Coolant" light on, like a week after refilling the reservoir. I found not wet spots on the ground, nor the engine, so I figure it's got to be going inside the engine. I was right.
The intake manifold gasket was distroyed for no reason. I replaced myself ($65 + a day of work). I kept my receipt, and the old gaskets in preparation for the eventual class action.

JETX

csegura said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

Searching the Web for information on the problem with my 1998 Malibu, I happened to discover that I was not alone. My Malibu started having the "Low Coolant" light on, like a week after refilling the reservoir. I found not wet spots on the ground, nor the engine, so I figure it's got to be going inside the engine. I was right.
The intake manifold gasket was distroyed for no reason. I replaced myself ($65 + a day of work). I kept my receipt, and the old gaskets in preparation for the eventual class action.
Okay, thank you for your wonderful post.
Hope everything works out for you.
Have a happy day!! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">