• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st time in injury causing accident and i don't know what to do or who i can sue!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hazmarmor

YOUR STATE NAME - Ohio
i drive for a taxi company. the company owns the vehicle and i am an hourly paid employee. while on the job i was dispatched to pick someone up at an apartment complex. after turning into the complex i was hit on the right rear side by another driver who apparently didn't look before backing up. all i heard was a squeal and then felt the impact. i was hit hard enough that it caused damage to the vehicle. the seatbelt locked up and i injured my neck and mid to upper back, as well as suffer now from severe headaches, and loss of strength in my left arm/hand. (i am left handed and it's hindering my ability to write, type, etc). i haven't missed any work but by the end of a typical ten hour day i am in sever pain. my employer feels that the driver of the other vehicle's insurance company is 100% responsible for my medical bills, however, as i was on the job, i was told to file it as a worker's comp claim. i understand and accept the fact that my employer is not directly responsible for my pain/injury, it's not as though he sent me out in a vehicle that had no brakes, but i'm uncertain what to do. the chiropractors billing dept. have given me the bwc forms, i filled them out and it's caused a major riff between my boss and i. he wants me to go after the other driver's insurance company on my own and not to file a bwc claim. i am on a limited budget and have been told that it's not my responsibility to do so. two questions: one, how should i file and two, can i file a bwc claim and still ask the other driver's insurance company for money for my pain and suffering? Thank You! Hazel

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">