• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Car accidents...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

runer111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

Problem 1
I am unsure what to do. I was involved in two car accidents. February 15th, I was leaving school at 1030 at night and a man hit me. I was making a left turn from a stop sign and he was going straight. I did not see him. I do not believe he had heahlights on and it was raining. I was not messing with the phone or the radio. I later find out that he has no insurance. He does not have a liscense, and the car is not registered to him. However, my insurace company will not pay out any uninsured motorist insurance because they are saying that I caused damage to his car. I do not know what to do. My car was a totaled. The other guy's car was fix. Is there anything that I can do? The cop did not give me a ticket and I never accepted fault to the accident. I just wish my uninsured would pay something out towards me...I am a poor college student. This is crazy!

Problem 2
Moving forward, I bought a brand new car in March. I was on the freeway, the car was 7 days old..a man slammed into the back of me on the 5 freeway. He had insurance. His insurance company paid to have my car repaired. However, my insurance company is suggesting that I get the demished value of the car paid to me but the guy who hit me, his insurance company does not want to pay out. My insruance company said that I should sell my car back to the dealer and purchase it new again, but the other insurance company is not being helpful. I gave them a form from the car dealership saying how much the car company would give me for the car. The insurance company said that this does not help them with the amount of money they would want to pay me. What do I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

ecmst12

The first accident was your fault.

Diminished value is difficult to prove and collect. How much damage was done to your car?

runer111

For the first accident, it does not matter that the guy did not have a liscense, shouldnt of been on the road in the first place? What about the fact that he had no car insurance, so he should not have been driving? Also, what about the point that his car was not registered? Why wont my insurance pay out even a portion of the uninsured motorist insurance?

For the second accident, my car had aabout 3000 in damages, but it was brand new...the liscense plates did not even come in the mail yet.

ecmst12

No, none of that is relevent to the fact that he had the right of way.

That's relatively minimal damage. If the repairs were completed to your satisfaction, that is about all you can ask for.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
For the first accident, it does not matter that the guy did not have a liscense, shouldnt of been on the road in the first place? What about the fact that he had no car insurance, so he should not have been driving? Also, what about the point that his car was not registered? Why wont my insurance pay out even a portion of the uninsured motorist insurance?
Because YOU caused the accident.

For the second accident, my car had aabout 3000 in damages, but it was brand new...the liscense plates did not even come in the mail yet.
That's not that much damage to a brand new car. A bumper and a paint job can reach that threshold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">