• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 citations for a traded in car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fhrost

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I traded in my car in March 2003. Then in September 2003 I get 2 citations in the mail. One is for the inspection sticker and the other had 3 things on it. Abanoning it on a public highway, for letting an unsolicited driver operate the car, and driving without insurance ( This on is a criminal Offense I think)

I called the dealership and they said my old car was autioned, they also sent a letter to the citation place. It explained I didn't own the car, and copies of the bill of sale was sent. But there is still a chance I might have to show up in court twice. Once for the trafic offense and once for the criminal offense. My question is if I miss work time can I be compensated for it?

I also had to deal with so far....

1. The insurance company of the guy who got hit with my old car tried to make a claim against my insurance company. I solved that by faxing the bill of sale

2. The car had to be towed, so a towing company sent me a certified letter saying I owed $75.00 dollars for the tow and $20.00 dollars a day from 9-27-03 for holding the car. As of today the bill would be $1115.00. No one has claimed the car. It was abandoned after hitting a parked car, I think. I took care of this by faxing the bill of sale also.

Thank you

B

BillyBG

"My question is if I miss work time can I be compensated for it?"
No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">