• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 years rear-ended by drunk driver!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

llesew

What is the name of your state? FL

I have an attorney but am confused as to how many years can the auto insurance company legally drag out this claim? And can they refuse to pay the claim because the claimant refuses to make deposition statements? This was over two years ago and I/we still are going through the motions. Help!

Thanks in advance!

stephenk

first tell us what your attorney told you when you asked the same questions. then we will tell you if your attorney is right or wrong.

L

llesew

2 years rear-ended

this is what happened in short, i was rear-ended, my spouse the passenger was injured (who is the only one employed) not myself who was driving. the drunk driver that hit us was in a car owned and insured by their parent. she won't or hasn't taken a deposition statement, this was two years+ ago. by the way their where five people in the car myself, my spouse, and three children who where all fine except the one that sat behind my spouse on the passenger side of the car. we are suing the insurance company, the driver, and the parent.

in reply to your question, i was told 2 years legally and they don't want to force the insurance company to withdraw funds or we could win the suit but not get paid.
thanks for your reply,
llesew

Last edited:

stephenk

your attorney doesn't want to push the case forward because the carrier might deny coverage?

you may want to consult with another attorney to find out how that strategy is effective. I don't see the upside to just sitting around and not pushing the case forward.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">