• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3-car accident/liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

orependula278

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was in an accident involving three cars. The car behind me was hit from the rear by the ticketed driver who failed to stop and had been approaching at a fast speed. The car behind mine collided with my rear bumper and was pushed underneath. I have filed an insurance claim with the car that hit me as the ticketed driver has no insurance. I have had trouble getting the insurance company of the car that hit mine to honor my claim as the claims adjuster is fighting for 1/2 car length and stated that if I could prove it was closer within inches that would change everything. I cannot believe a distance (inches or feet) changes the fact that the damage occurred from this car. Could anyone shed light on this and why the distance would matter?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">