• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 Car Accident My Fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brownbarbie21

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Hi,
I am a 21 student, and I was recently involved in an accident which was considered to be my fault. It was raining and I pulled out in front of a car. I made it across the first lane, but in the second lane a car bumped my car on the front drivers side. On the ticket the police said I was going 5 mph. If this was the end of the accident there would be little to no damage to either cars involved (mine or the other party). The major problem came when a speeding car came from the other side of the road and hit the car that I ran into which was partly already onto the median of the other side. The officer told me that both the cars came from the same direction and that I turned out in front of both the cars. A jewelry store from across the street taped the whole accident on it's security camera, and it shows that they came from different directions. I was wondering is it right that both parties involved are suing my insurance company (there were no injuries)? If in court either cars are found to be "driving to fast for conditions" am I still liable? All help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

racer72

If both parties are suing your insurance company, they will lose. Your insurance company did not cause the accident. Your are the party that should be sued. And nothing in your post suggests you could not be held liable for the accident.

brownbarbie21

??? I was under the impression that whenever you have full coverage insurance, as I do, the insurance company handles the damages. Not the person. Why should I be held personally responsible even though I have full coverage insurance that will pay for both cars?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">