• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 car involved

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thongyoi

About 2 years ago, I got on the accident. This is in NJ. What happen is that when I stopped my car at the traffice, the car behind me hit my rear and caused mine to hit the car on front. The old man admitted that was his fault. So the police reported that on the paper. After that my car was declared total loss, so his insurance company agreed to paid for it and also paid money for the inconveniene time and I didn't want to sued him because I and my 3 months old son didn't get hurt except for minot injury(back and neck pain). We are happy that we didn't get seriously hurt. I did signed the paper that they send to me.
About a year later, I got the letter stated that I had been sued from the car on front of me. How is this work? If my insurance agreed to pay that lady and her husband(which is not in the car at the time). Will my insurance company be able to get to the other old man who hit my car? Or they cannot because I got the money from them? Thank you for your help.

[Edited by thongyoi on 02-27-2001 at 04:23 PM]

racer72

You need to contact your insurance company immediately and let them know you are being sued over the accident. They will have to defend you in court as the party not responsible for the accident. You are caught in a situation where a party is suing everybody hoping someone will have to pay. Your insurance company's legal department should handle everything for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">