• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 vehicle accident with minor injuries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sprottn

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

On June 29, 2004 we were sitting at a red light in our car when a garbage truck rear ended a pick up truck and slammed it into our rear. (8 tons empty + 4 tons rammed into 2 ton car) Driver of garbage truck was shown to be at fault via accident report but no ticket was issued.

EMS showed up on the scene and was interviewing me when they were all of a sudden called off the scene. They did not check me, my husband or our 10 year old son who was in the back seat. I complained to our local EMS chief who apologized to me telling me they should have never left w/o checkijg out all the victims on the scene. They were not called off for another emergency either. :confused:

The insurance company for the garbage company paid to have our car fixed but they have not reimbursed me for ANY of my out of pocket medical expenses and they only sent a partial payment on my husbands lost wages. Now they don't even return my calls when I leave messages. I sent them a packet with all the receipts that I had faxed to them with the amounts that my PIP paid me and even wrote what they owed me and asked them to call me. They received that packet on Nov 23, 2004. I left another voice mail on Dec 14 and as of Dec 15 I have still not heard from them.

We have not hired an attorney because we never went to a hospital and the couple of attorneys that I called after the accident did not seem interested in our case. maybe because of FL being a no fault state?

I called my local state insurance commisioners office who told me to file a compaint but my own company is telling me that the other company does not have to pay me a dime until we are all done seeing doctors and have a MMI status. We both received back and neck injuries and are still being treated. What are my rights as far as my out of pocket money? Can they hold that ransom to make me more desparate to settle at the end or do they have to pay that back to me as I send the receipts in? My own PIP has been paying their part within 3 weeks of me faxing my receipts.

Being that I live in a "no fault state" the other insurance company told me basically that they will not have to pay us any type of pain and suffering or loss of consortium even though their insured has caused us to lose work and has disrupted our personal and intimate lives. I am angry at EMS and I am angry that the garbage company allowed the driver behind the wheel as I found locally that he had been ticketed for running lights and disobeying stop signs before. Makes me wonder why he was not ticketed for this accident. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">