• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 way hit and run accident, my fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wlim

What is the name of your state? California

I was on the 5 freeway (south) in los angeles where the freeway splits into the 60, 5, and 10. there was traffic going into the 5, so i start to slow down, but suddenly the car behind me crashes into me and that impact causes me to crash into the car in front of me. the thing is, the car behind me hit and ran as soon as the incident happened. now state farm insurance is saying that my car is 51% or more at fault because i didnt "maintain proper lookout." they're saying that i could appeal the decision by writing a letter of recosideration or accept the fault. what would be the wise move here? to sue them? to write an appeal?

ecmst12

Not your fault and the damage to the rear of your car proves it. Only thing that could be the problem is if the person in front of you felt more then one impact - then they will conclude that you struck the car in front of you BEFORE the car behind you struck you.

Who does State Farm represent?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">