• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

30 day impound

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

California,

i saw this on COPS once: a guy borrowed his friends mom's car and was charged with grand theft auto then the woman realised who it was and lifted the charges and the kid got away. I have a slightly different situation where my friend got my car impounded because he made a wreckless lane change, and i was wondering if i charged him with stealing my car if I could get my car out of impound before the 30 days is up then lift the charges so he wouldn't get arrested.

Happy Trails

California,

i saw this on COPS once: a guy borrowed his friends mom's car and was charged with grand theft auto then the woman realised who it was and lifted the charges and the kid got away. I have a slightly different situation where my friend got my car impounded because he made a wreckless lane change, and i was wondering if i charged him with stealing my car if I could get my car out of impound before the 30 days is up then lift the charges so he wouldn't get arrested.
**I think the police would think it rather odd you didn't report it stolen the night it happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">