• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3rd Party Insurance Claim?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tabaningning

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TX

I sustained a damage to my vehicle when I ran thru a loose tire on the freeway. Apparently, the loose tire came from a stalled vehicle on the freeway. I took the insurance information of the owner of the vehicle and reported the accident to his insurance company. I am just waiting for them to call me and inform me if they will assume liability. Should the 3rd party pay for the damages to my vehicle? Currently, my insurance will take care of my vehicle, but I am still hoping that 3rd party pay for the damages since I don't want to spend money on my deductable. The police on the scene did not write a report since he said that the accident was caused by a debris.

Tabaningning

Because of the speed limit of 60mph on the road and my concern of steering hard to the left or to the right or making a hard stop may make things worst (I have 4 passengers with me), I only tried to decelarate as much as I can just to slow down and drive thru the center of the tire. Unfortunately, my SUV's vertical clearance was not high enough to avoid contact with the tire which punctured a tube in my muffler system, and misaligned my wheels. I don't know if the other vehicles that hit the stray tire had more damage than me, but all I know is that they all had flat tires. There were 2 more vehicles involved. The officer in the scence did not request for an Accident Report, but I am filing one anyway. Hopefully, this will aide me in my 3rd party claim. I really appreciate your response.

Tabaningning said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TX

I sustained a damage to my vehicle when I ran thru a loose tire on the freeway. Apparently, the loose tire came from a stalled vehicle on the freeway. I took the insurance information of the owner of the vehicle and reported the accident to his insurance company. I am just waiting for them to call me and inform me if they will assume liability. Should the 3rd party pay for the damages to my vehicle? Currently, my insurance will take care of my vehicle, but I am still hoping that 3rd party pay for the damages since I don't want to spend money on my deductable. The police on the scene did not write a report since he said that the accident was caused by a debris.
If you cannot wait for the other insurance company you can go through your own to have your car repaired and they will subrogate to the negligent person's insurance company. They should also recoup your deductible. If they don't, you can sue for it yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">