• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4 car accident. Who's at fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mintoob

I was at a stop signal looking to merge into main street (Hamilton Avenue) . I wanted to take left on Hamilton Avenue (divided 2 way road, 3 lanes on each side). I looked left for the oncoming traffic, then I looked right for the traffic where I want to merge, then I looked left again and proceeded when I saw no car coming. When I was just about to merge, the guy driving a Toyota camry on the fast lane came at me at a very high speed(70 mph at a zone of 35mph). He bumped with his front left of the car into my left (drivers) back bumper. This made my car sway into the oncoming traffic on the other side. A white Nissan pick up truck banged me from the passenger side. All happened pretty quickly. This Toyota camry guy came running to me and gave me some name (which was not his), an address and number plate and ran off. I was so much dazed by the hit that I had no idea what was happening. I gave my information to him too. After he left (ran in a hurry), the other cars involved came and exchanged insurance info. A cop who came at the scene did not write any report as we were exchanging the insurance info. He gave us an incident number. I payed my rental (AVIS) thru my Discover card which covers the rental car only. I recently got the CA license (09/20/2002). I did not have insurance at the time of accident. I am very certain that the fault was of the Toyota Camry's driver. Please help. I strongly believe that it was his fault as he was driving at a very high speed. I have taken photos of Toyota camry's tire skid marks

A

a neighbor

OK, after a MD County police read your story (that's not saying much, but I'll leave him alone for now, LOL). You would be at fault for pulling out into on coming traffic. The only way their going to get out there with an investigator is if there was injury or death. The other way the Toyota would be charged if he were drunk (maybe that's why he left?)

So unless he had a stop sign, or a red light, you would have/could have been charged with failing to yield the right of way.

Hindsight is 20/20, get the police report (thru incident #), and see who the cop says is at fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">