• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

50/50 but other party wants more

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

balladovie

What is the name of your state?
CALIFORNIA

A couple of months ago, I was in a car accident in the parking lot. The insurance adjuster concluded that it was a 50/50 situation. I am fine with that, but the other party wants 100% and she does not have full coverage. The insurance adjuster told me that the other party might wanna bring the case to the small claims court. Her damage isn't even a lot. Would she actually bring me to court? It seems like a waste of time and money. Any suggestions?

teflon_jones

If it was determined to be 50/50, then why would the other party think they were going to get 100%? Sure, they can take you to court. You can also take them to court. If the damages are minimal, it isn't going to be worth their time, and they probably won't do it. If they mention it, you can make it clear that you'll be countersuing them, including for lost wages and mileage for being sued frivolously. I doubt they'll want to pursue it after that. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">