• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

As IS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

myra

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I'm selling a (used car)by including (sold AS IS) in the bill of sale,will this protect, me from future claims, if a problem should occur with the car after the sale?

As far as I know this car is in (Good Condition)

Thanks,

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

myra said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I'm selling a (used car)by including (sold AS IS) in the bill of sale,will this protect, me from future claims, if a problem should occur with the car after the sale?

As far as I know this car is in (Good Condition)

Thanks,

=====================================

My response:

As long as (this) is a private sale, and you give no warranty, then you'll be okay. It's up to (the buyer) to have the car diagnosed by a (mechanic) before purchase - - so if a buyer should ask to do so, you should let him. If the buyer (doesn't) have the car inspected by a mechanic first, then the buyer (takes) the car "as is." Always put those words in your Bill of Sale. As a (matter of fact), there are many examples of such Bills of Sale on the Internet. Find (one) that meets your specific (needs).

IAAL

myra

IAAL,
Your reply is very helpful, some things I didn't know about the correct way to sell a car, by asking on this forum with your experties,I feel more confident on protecting the buyer as well as myself.

In my opinion we're all fortunate,to have you. and all others, on this forum with your experties, to help us with many questions. (free)

I read all your post and must say you are very humorous, as well as giving the best advice.

Thanks, Again,

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

myra said:
IAAL,
Your reply is very helpful, some things I didn't know about the correct way to sell a car, by asking on this forum with your experties,I feel more confident on protecting the buyer as well as myself.

In my opinion we're all fortunate,to have you. and all others, on this forum with your experties, to help us with many questions. (free)

I read all your post and must say you are very humorous, as well as giving the best advice.

Thanks, Again,

===========================================

My response:

Aw, shucks . . .

Twernt nuttin', little lady.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My further response:

For our writer, and others who may read this thread, the following is a good "Bill of Sale" example. Copy it to your word processor, fill in the blanks, and print it.

VEHICLE BILL OF SALE

BE IT KNOWN, that for good consideration, and in payment of the sum of $____________, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the undersigned _______________________ of ___________________________ (Seller) hereby sells and transfers to ____________________________________ of ___________________ (Buyer), the following described motor vehicle (Vehicle):
Make _________________________________________________
Model_________________________________________________
Year _________________________________________________
VIN___________________________________________________
Title # (optional)____________________________________
The sale is subject to the following conditions and representations:

________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________

Seller acknowledges receipt of $________________ in down payment for the Vehicle, full payment from the Buyer and title transfer to take place within _______________ days. Seller allows the Buyer _____________ days to have the Vehicle inspected by an independent mechanic, and agrees to cancel the sale if the inspection is unsatisfactory to the Buyer. If the sale is not completed, the Seller will retain $______________ of the down payment to cover costs and effort in re-advertising. Seller states that the odometer reading of the Vehicle is __________ miles. Seller certifies to the best of the Seller's knowledge, this reading reflects the actual mileage of the Vehicle. The Vehicle's odometer was not altered, set back, or disconnected while in the Seller's possession, and the Seller has no knowledge of anyone doing so. Seller warrants to Buyer it has good and marketable title to said property, full authority to sell and transfer said property, and that said property is sold free of all liens, encumbrances, liabilities and adverse claims of every nature and description whatsoever. Seller has no knowledge of any hidden defects in and to the Vehicle, and believes to the best of the Seller's knowledge that the Vehicle being sold is in good operating condition. Seller warrants the Vehicle for a period of __________ days following the transfer thereof against defects, except for defects resulting from ordinary wear and tear and/or caused by the intentional or negligent acts of the Buyer. Said Vehicle is otherwise sold in "as is" condition and where presently located.

Signed this _____day of ________________, ____________________.

Seller ________________________________________________________

Buyer _________________________________________________________

In the presence of:

Witness _______________________________________________________

Address _______________________________________________________

(Draw line through unused sections and both parties initial)

myra

IAAL
I was looking for a bill of sales, form,clicked on new mail, there is was, you have made it easier for me, and others,
Now, I say it don't get much better then that. You taking your time to help me,
So Thanks, again,
I get many laughs, from some your post, as well, as good advice,and I do appreciate you, and all others, on this forum, who are so helpful to lots of people.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">