• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

?? about accident and vehicle repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rickatie

What is the name of your state? WA

I was rear ended on 10/26. I finally got ahold of their adjuster(after playing phone tag for 2 weeks). I had to send him a copy of the police report, since not only has the woman that hit me failed to contact them, her phone is disconnected. I got a call from them today telling me to take it to their adjuster, and that they have an approved auto body shop that I can take it to, have the adjuster look at it, and fix it at the same time-and arrange for my rental car. There is no question as to fault, she rear ended me and the police report shows her at fault.

My question is this- does it make a difference if I take it to a shop of my choice or they pick one for me? I'm just a bit leary because she has the same insurance company as I do so I have no idea who is working for me or against me. I was thinking it wouldn't make much difference where I took it, as long as I get my car fixed, but I've had people tell me that I should chose my own shop instead of theirs.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">