• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

? about being sued...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GunnyCarr

What is the name of your state? CA

Yes, I have auto insurance. I was in a (what I thought was) minor accident. I bumped a vehicle from behind. My air bags did not deployee and I had only a scratch on my bumper. The lady I hit did not go to the hospital until 2 days after the accident. She had just gotten off of worker comp about 2 months before the acident. She had a past history of many medical problems. She also went on vacation to Hawaii 7 days after the accident. Since then she has ran up thousands of dollars in medical bills and is now trying to sue me for lost wages and medical expensise of past, present and future. She is seeking much more than my insurance policy covered. I am thinking that I will be liable for the rest of that money if she wins the case. How will I have to repay that? Will they take my house from me? I have served in the Marine Corps for almost 18 years and was hoping that my pention along with another job would set me up pretty go for the future, but I am starting to wonder now... Does anyone have anything for me that is kind of good news? Thanks

S

shell007

GunnyCarr said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Yes, I have auto insurance. I was in a (what I thought was) minor accident. I bumped a vehicle from behind. My air bags did not deployee and I had only a scratch on my bumper. The lady I hit did not go to the hospital until 2 days after the accident. She had just gotten off of worker comp about 2 months before the acident. She had a past history of many medical problems. She also went on vacation to Hawaii 7 days after the accident. Since then she has ran up thousands of dollars in medical bills and is now trying to sue me for lost wages and medical expensise of past, present and future. She is seeking much more than my insurance policy covered. I am thinking that I will be liable for the rest of that money if she wins the case. How will I have to repay that? Will they take my house from me? I have servedin the Marine Corps for 18 years and was hoping that my pention along with another job would set me up pretty go for the future, but I am starting to wonder now... Does anyone have anything for me that is kind of good news? Thanks
May not be good news, but if you had insurance...your insurance co. will try to settle within your policy limits. Unfortunately...anything above and beyond that (that is awarded) will have to come out of your pocket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">