• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About Medical Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sorry I didn't answer that before. No he does not have medical insurance. My fathers' auto insurance covered most of it for a while, then they sent him to a doctor that said that 3 more sessions of physical therapy and he would be all better. The doctor he was sent to never even looked or touched his back, he even had coveralls on from work. Yet he stated that there were no back spasms evident. Unfortunately he also said that the problems could be from a pre-existing problem, that was back in last April. Yet we have an orthopedic doctor, a pain management doctor, an orthopedic surgern, and a neuro surgeon who states that he definately has problems and now needs surgery to correct it.
The doctor who examend him didn't even get half the test results needed to make a determination since the tests hadn't been performed yet! We also have x-rays from 1997, when his back locked up, that shows his spine was fine. It was a muscle lock up. Now we may have problems because now there is doubt as to if this auto accident had indeed caused this injury. We know it did, because he did not have any problems with his back until after this accident and he has had no prior accidents. Also, my fathers' auto insurance paid for part of his lost time due to the accident and the time he had to take off for doctor appointments and physical therapy. All in all, it's pretty messed up. Any help you can give would be appreciated. There is so much going on in this, I'm trying to keep it all straight. If there are any other questions you need to ask to help you figure this out, let my know. The more you know the better advice you can give. Again, THANK YOU!!!
Tracy & Donnie

I have read your 2 other postings and IAAL's responses with great interest. This is only an opinion: your lawyer is not the problem. Your problem is that you do not have any insurance. You get what you pay for. From what you wrote it looks like your father's carrier DID PAY for some of the bills and lost wages but then sent your boyfriend to an independant medical evaluation and that doctor reported your bo to be at maximum medical improvement (MMI). Once at MMI the carrier feels no further treatment is warrented and stops paying the bills. Two things can happen after that, 1.) you sue your dad's carrier to re-instate the benefits so treatment can progress or 2.) you can make your settlement demand against the other driver. The 1st one will slow down the process of the other case (maybe), is costly and is only advisable if you do not have enough medical evidence to prove the bodily injury case. This is also only an opinion: but unless the disc is herniated an operation may not be neccessary. A bulging disc is worth much less than a herniated disc at settlement time. Reason being, that the herniated disc impinges on the spine causing pain. Bulging discs don't. Once the claim is settled your outstanding medical bills can be negotiated down and paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">