• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accept settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dan_b

My daughter was involved in a car accident in Utah involving four other drivers. No one was given a citation and left to the insurance companies to find who was at fault. My daughter's car was totalled and now my insurance company is ready to settle. Should I accept any kind of settlement or wait until the insurance companies find who was at fault?

ALawyer

If there was any personal injury, or possible injury, see a lawyer BEFORE you settle as you have not a clue as to what you and she are entitled to.

The insurance company is NOT your friend, but out to pay as little as they can get you to accept.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">