• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

arbnmedic2003

What is the name of your state? Alabama. My son, a 19 y/o college student in Alabama, was operating a motor vehicle as an employee of a used car dealership. He was involved in a motor vehicle accident while operating this car. He was told by the dealership owner to drive this car, personally owned by the dealer. My sons full coverage only covers vehicles in our family. My son stated he had full coverage at the scene and the dealer stated "your insurance will cover this". My son then stated he was not sure if that was true, and the officer at the scene stated the burden of responsibility would be on the dealer since it was his motor vehicle, my son was told to operate it and was an employee of the dealership. After several attempts by the dealer to get my sons insurance company to pay, to no avail, he has now stated he will take my son to small claims court for at least 1/2 the bill. My son makes $20.00 a week. His license is from Missouri. Can he do this and if so what are my sons options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">