• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ahloung

What is the name of your state? California

i was just involved in a collision... i stopped at the red light for about 1 min and when it turned green i made a left turn.. a car going straight hit me... police came and everything and witnesses say i ran a red light.. but there is NO DOUBT in my head my light was green.. the cop is also citing me for running the red light... is there anyway I have a chance to prove it wasnt my fault?

R

Raisinette

ahloung said:
What is the name of your state? California

i was just involved in a collision... i stopped at the red light for about 1 min and when it turned green i made a left turn.. a car going straight hit me... police came and everything and witnesses say i ran a red light.. but there is NO DOUBT in my head my light was green.. the cop is also citing me for running the red light... is there anyway I have a chance to prove it wasnt my fault?
On which road was the car that hit you? The same one or the intersecting one? For what exact infraction was the ticket written?

lwpat

is there anyway I have a chance to prove it wasnt my fault?
Probably not since there were witnesses who say you are the one that ran the light. The other problem is that if the other vehicle was already in the intersection he had the right of way regardless of the light.

The officer's testimony can be limited by an attorney since the officer did not see the accident. Much will depend on whether any of the witnesses or the other driver will show up in court to testify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">