• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harishnamburi

What hello, i was involved in a accident while driving my friends car.i dont have driving license and insurance.will his insurance company covers the loss...or else they had the rights to sue me...iam an international student ...i dont have any properties or assests...can they sue me??do i have any options if they sue me...this happened in california

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
What hello, i was involved in a accident while driving my friends car.i dont have driving license and insurance.will his insurance company covers the loss...or else they had the rights to sue me...iam an international student ...i dont have any properties or assests...can they sue me??do i have any options if they sue me...this happened in california
His insurance may decline to cover you. If so, you can be sued. Your options if they sue you are to either settle or go to court.

quincy

In addition to what Shadowbunny said, because you are an international student you potentially could find that you have to pack up and go home to your own country. It would depend on the facts of the accident and how your school chooses to handle the violation.

Last edited:

ecmst12

May depend on whether your friend knew you were not licensed when he allowed you to drive. Will depend on the wording of his policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">