• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident: Being charged with wreckless driving & Leaving the scene of accident...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtrageser

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.

I was in an accident ( I hit a parked car that was parked in a no parking zone)

I almost got into a fight with the owner of the vehicle so I left my information and walked to my brothers house (on the next street up). I called the police later that morning (the accident was at 1:44 am). The police are charging me with wreckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident.

Does anyone know what I could be facing for this? Also, I was wondering how they can be charging me with wreckless driving when I was only going 5-10 mph over the speed limit and the car I hit shouldn't have been parked there in the first place.

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

James

stephenk

the word is "reckless".

how fast is the speed limit? did you lose control of your car and hit the parked car?

jtrageser

stephenk said:
the word is "reckless".

how fast is the speed limit? did you lose control of your car and hit the parked car?
The speed limit is 15 mph... but that is set by the trailer park and not the state.

I did not lose control of the car, I just didn't see the parked car sitting there and slammed right into it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">