• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident Blackout

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rbroddle

What is the name of your State: Kentucky
I fainted from a high fever from a virus while driving and hit the steps of a county building.\r\nNo one was hurt and the estimate for damage to the steps was $53,000. The insurance company paid to repair my car and paid my medical expenses. Is there any reason why they should not pay $50,000 (limit of property damage coverage)for the property damage? Is there something about a \"blackout law\" in Kentucky?
Is this Post Your Case request for you or someone else? Myself
What best describes the type of accident or injury matter? Auto, motorcycle, truck accident
Please enter the approximate date of the injury: 04 / 2007
Does this case involve bodily injury or death? No
Where did the accident or injury occur? Madisonville KY, 42431

rbroddle

Is there a blackout exclusion?

Can the insurance company not pay if the property damage was because I blacked out from a medical condition?

moburkes

Yes, it is possible. If you knew that you weren't supposed to be driving because of a specific medical condition, for example, coverage can be denied.

And, depending upon the medical condition, and whether or not you knew you weren't supposed to be driving, it might not be dischargeable in bankruptcy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">