• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accident bystander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

James Lath

What is the name of your state?I'm in the state of Michigan.
A few weeks ago a car hit my boat trailer which was parked behind my cottage. The boat was not on the trailer. but the jeep hit the trailer hard enough to total out the trailer. This happened about 10 feet from the house and outside of my son and daughters bedrooms. Now my kids dont want to go to our cottage and when they are there they won't sleep in their bedrooms. The accident occured at 2:00 am and just outside of the cottage,
My kids are 12 yrs. I don't know if a tcket was isued. My question is can I sue the driver, sueing him for the delayed struss on my children.

You Are Guilty

James Lath said:
What is the name of your state?I'm in the state of Michigan.
A few weeks ago a car hit my boat trailer which was parked behind my cottage. The boat was not on the trailer. but the jeep hit the trailer hard enough to total out the trailer. This happened about 10 feet from the house and outside of my son and daughters bedrooms. Now my kids dont want to go to our cottage and when they are there they won't sleep in their bedrooms. The accident occured at 2:00 am and just outside of the cottage,
My kids are 12 yrs. I don't know if a tcket was isued. My question is can I sue the driver, sueing him for the delayed struss on my children.
Sorry, no. Struss, both instant and delayed, would not be a compensatable injury under these circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">