• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident Case Gone bad. :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Manda321

What is the name of your state? New York

I was involved in an auto accident back in 1997. Where at the time, I was young. I banged up my neck pretty bad- I tried to sue them, and my lawyer had referred me to a chiropractor/orthropedist for weekly check ups and therapy- i couldnt move my neck for quite some time. Anyways, 6 or 7 weeks AFTER i started going, the dr i was seeing was arrested on Insurance Fraud charges - Heavy ones.... My lawyer basically told me the case was shot because of the Fraud dr was the one who orginally wrote my injury report. I'm not looking to sue the man who hit me, and i dont think that i can because of the statue of limitations - but could I go after the Dr who messed up my case bigtime? I still have neck probs to this day, and been going to another chiropractor, not related to the case - the case was pretty much dropped.

seniorjudge

Manda321 said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I was involved in an auto accident back in 1997. Where at the time, I was young. I banged up my neck pretty bad- I tried to sue them, and my lawyer had referred me to a chiropractor/orthropedist for weekly check ups and therapy- i couldnt move my neck for quite some time. Anyways, 6 or 7 weeks AFTER i started going, the dr i was seeing was arrested on Insurance Fraud charges - Heavy ones.... My lawyer basically told me the case was shot because of the Fraud dr was the one who orginally wrote my injury report. I'm not looking to sue the man who hit me, and i dont think that i can because of the statue of limitations - but could I go after the Dr who messed up my case bigtime? I still have neck probs to this day, and been going to another chiropractor, not related to the case - the case was pretty much dropped.
I do NOT know the statute of limitations in New York for this kind of case, but my question is, does the bad doctor have any money?

If not, then you are out of luck.

BTW, you also had bad legal representation.

Manda321

Yes, My lawyer was Also arrested on Tax Fraud... He is an accountant as well.

Really bad luck in all of this - All of my documents were disregarded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">